Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm worn...

 Hello dear friends. I hope that you are all doing well. I need to talk about something that might hit home for too many of you. I know it does for me! I have, in recent weeks/months, experienced times where I'm just worn out. I don't mean physically, though that comes with the territory. But I have been worn out, at times, emotionally and spiritually. As I talk with some of you, my friends and readers, I've discovered that I am not alone. There is a song that I can so identify with and I feel like many of you can as well. Here are the lyrics:

 Worn by Tenth Avenue North
I'm tired 
I'm worn 
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes to keep on breathing
I've made mistakes 
I've let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn
I want to know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that's dead inside can be reborn
Cause I'm worn

I know I need 
To lift my eyes up
But I'm too weak
Life just won't let up
And I know that You can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left
  
Cause I'm worn
And my prayers are wearing thin
I'm worn even before the day begins
I'm worn I've lost my will to fight
I'm worn so heaven so come and flood my eyes
__________________________________________________________________________

Does that sound familiar to you? For me, I have actually made it through to the other side of being worn. Yeah, there are still times when I'm just tired and need a respite. I am one of those people that has a hard time remembering to rest, so that is part of my issue.

But I have talked to many lately that are dealing with situations that can't just be solved by taking a weekend getaway to relax. For those in this category, I'm praying for you. Even if you don't want me to, I am. I'm sorry, that's just how I'm wired. I have to tell you, there is hope.

I will say, first of all, that I understand that recovering from some of the things that happen in our lives is just a process. You MUST be allowed to go through the process. It's like when a butterfly is coming out of the cocoon. If a person tries to open the cocoon so the butterfly doesn't have to struggle, then its wings cannot gain strength and will never be usable. The person, by trying to help the butterfly speed up its struggle, has essentially killed its destiny and potential purpose. There has to be a process. I get that. Do I like it? No. Will I try to hinder it? Absolutely not. Process away, my friends. I will pray that your process is redemptive in nature and that you will not give up, but I will not try to fix it for you. It's not my place and it would cripple you for life if I did.

So why am I writing this? Well, partially just to say to all of you that you are not alone and that I understand. I am also writing this to encourage you to stick with it. If you're in a process like this, keep going! I will not condemn you for the position that you are in, but rather I will applaud you for allowing this process to take place in your life. Don't give up!

I will leave you with the video of the song I quoted above. It sticks in my spirit so often and I sometimes have sung it as a prayer to God just telling Him what I was feeling. I encourage you to tell God exactly what you are feeling, even if you are angry with Him. As you are honest with Him, He will honor that. I believe it will further you in your process. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment